As a result of the review, the completion of the safeguarding proforma will not be a requirement during any inspection activity being undertaken this year. Schools/Organisations, however, may choose to continue to use the proforma for self-evaluation purposes, and/or during inspections or other ETI visits if they so wish.
The changes to the 2023/24 proforma are in accordance with policy updates or revised guidance from both the Department of Education and the Education Authority CPSS.
The proforma is intended to help you review the extent to which your school/EOTAS centre complies with child protection/safeguarding requirements and how your arrangements reflect best practice.
Phase-specific versions of the safeguarding proforma are available and please check that you are using the correct and current version for your school/organisation.
- Safeguarding Proforma – Voluntary and Private Pre-School settings
- Safeguarding Proforma – Nursery, Primary, Post-primary & Special schools and EOTAS centres
- Safeguarding Proforma – Further Education and Work Based Learning Organisations
- Safeguarding Proforma – Youth Organisations
- Safeguarding Proforma – Home Office