While inspections continue to be paused, District Inspectors are looking forward to visiting organisations, meeting leaders, and discussing their work during lockdown and restart.
Based on PHA/NHS advice and guidance, ETI will visit organisations in a way that is as safe as possible for all concerned. In advance of our visit please advise us of your protocols and instructions for visitors.
During a visit to an organisation ETI inspectors will:
- wear face coverings;
- observe two metre social distancing with adults/learners;
- observe sanitising/handwashing guidance on arrival and when moving between meetings and/or classrooms; and
- where it is not possible to observe two metre social distancing with adults/learners, meetings or lesson visits will last less than 15 minutes.
Therefore, we would request that the organisation:
- arrange meeting rooms with two metre distancing between adults and, where possible, natural ventilation;
- arrange discussions with learners in rooms or areas with two metre social distance between the inspector and the learners and, where possible, natural ventilation; and
- arrange a space within the classroom(s) with two metres social distance between the inspector and the adults/learners and, where possible, natural ventilation.
District Inspectors remain available for support and guidance for all organisations, please contact the Inspection Services Team on 028 9127 9726 or by emailing email@example.com.
We will also continue to provide further information on our website, which you can access at https://www.etini.gov.uk as well as on ETI’s social media. Follow us on Twitter @ETI_news or Facebook @ETInews for regular updates.
- ETI consultation on the delivery of remote learning 11 February 2021
- Update for schools while inspection continues to be paused 21 January 2021
- Pre-school Examples of Approaches to Learning and Teaching during the Covid-19 Recovery Phase 12 January 2021
- New Chief Inspector appointed 30 September 2020